Tijden: 15:30 - 19:30 Meer informatie:
The construction industry accounts for over a third of global carbon emissions and produces around 60 million tonnes of construction and demolition waste annually in the UK. Whilst much of this is recovered and recycled, only a small percentage is reused. This creates a significant opportunity to reduce the industries carbon footprint. Estimates suggest that 22.3 MtCO2e of GHG emissions could be saved over 9 years by increasing our reuse of construction products.
During the Reuse Summit, hosted by the Alliance for Sustainable Building Products (ASBP) and the Finishes & Interiors Sector (FIS), we’ll hear from those who are doing reuse now, with panel discussions taking a deeper dive into the shearing layers of ‘Structure, Skin and Services’ and ‘Space and Stuff’. Inspiring case studies will show what steps the industry can take to increase the uptake of reused materials, looking from structure to flooring, and fittings to furniture.
Re-launched in 2023, ASBP’s Reuse Now campaign aims to encourage greater reuse of building materials within the construction industry and accelerate the transition to a more resource efficient, low carbon, circular economy as well encourage growth of low/zero carbon industries and supply chain models.
This event forms part of ReLondon’s Circular Economy (CE) Week 2023. Now in its sixth year CE Week has grown in strength and reputation, becoming the event for circular economy professionals, advocates and activists to share knowledge, insights, innovations and success stories.
- Date: Wednesday 18th October 2023
- Time: 15:30-18:20 followed by drinks and canapes until 19:30 CEST (UK time, add 1 hour if you live in Western Europe)
- Location: ISG Limited, Aldgate House, 33 Aldgate High Street, London EC3N 1AG, Verenigd Koninkrijk
- Hosted by: The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products (ASBP) and the Finishes & Interiors Sector (FIS)
- Cost: £20+VAT for ASBP and FIS members, £40+VAT for members of partner organisations*, £60 general admission